Proceedings of International Conference on Applied Innovation in IT
2020/03/10, Volume 8, Issue 1, pp.35-
Mutual Influence of Opposite TCP Flows in a Congested Network
Nikolai Mareev, Dmytro Syzov, Dmytro Kachan, Kirill Karpov, Maksim Iushchenko, Eduard Siemens
Abstract: With the rapid growth of the Internet community, some of the simple and familiar tasks related to the field of
Keywords: TCP, IP, Highspeed, Congestion Control Algorithm, Internet, Performance, Bidirectional, Two-Way,
- Ch. Peng Fu and S. Liew, “TCP veno: TCP enhancement for transmission over wireless access networks,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 216–228, February 2003.
- L.S. Brakmo and L.L. Peterson, “TCP vegas: end to end congestion avoidance on a global internet,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 13, no. 8, pp. 1465-1480, October 1995.
- S. Ha, I. Rhee and L. Xu, “CUBIC: a new TCPfriendly high-speed TCP variant,” ACM SIGOPS Operating Systems Review, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 64-74, July 2008.
- A. Baiocchi, A. P. Castellani, and F. Vacirca, “YeAHTCP: Yet another highspeed TCP,” In proc. The fifth PFLDNET workshop, February 2007.
- N. Cardwell, Y. Cheng, C. S. Gunn, S. H. Yeganeh, and Van Jacobson, “BBR: congestion-based congestion control,” vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 58-66, January 2017.
- Future Internet Lab Anhalt. [Online]. Available: https://fila-lab.de/
- J. Gettys, “Bufferbloat: Dark Buffers in the Internet,” IEEE Internet Computing, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 96-96, May 2011.
- M. Hock, R. Bless and M. Zitterbart, “Toward coexistence of different congestion control mechanisms,” IEEE 41st Conference on Local Computer Net-works (LCN), pp. 567-570, November 2016.
- K. Miyazawa, K. Sasaki, N. Oda and S. Yamaguchi, “Cycle and divergence of performance on TCP BBR,” IEEE 7th International Conference on Cloud Networking (CloudNet), October 2018.
- N. Mareev, D. Kachan, K. Karpov, D. Syzov and Siemens, “Efficiency of BQL Congestion Control under High Bandwidth - Delay Product Network Conditions,” Proc. of the 7th International Conference on Applied Innovations in IT, (ICAIIT), pp. 19–22, March 2019.
- K. Sasaki, M. Hanai, K. Miyazawa, A. Kobayashi, N. Oda and S. Yamaguchi, “TCP Fairness Among Modern TCP Congestion Control Algorithms Including TCP BBR,” IEEE 7th International Conference on Cloud Networking (CloudNet), October 2018.
- Leaders in network emulation and testing. [Online]. Available: https://www.apposite-tech.com/
- End-to-end cloud driven networking solutions. [Online]. Available: https://www.extremenetworks.com/
- A. Dhamdhere, Hao Jiang and C. Dovrolis, “Buffer sizing for congested internet links,” Proceedings IEEE 24th Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies, vol. 2, 2005, pp. 1072-1083.
- C. S. Curtis Villamizar, “High performance TCP in ANSNET,” ACM Computer Communications Review, pp. 45-60, September 1994.
- iPerf - the TCP, UDP and SCTP network bandwidth measurement tool. [Online]. Available: https://iperf.fr/
- T. Lukaseder, L. Bradatsch, B. Erb, R. W. Heijden and F. Kargl, “A Comparison of TCP Congestion Control Algorithms in 10G Networks,” IEEE 41st Conference on Local Computer Networks (LCN), pp. 706-714, November 2016.
- R. Al-Saadi, G. Armitage, J. But and P. Branch, “A survey of delay-based and hybrid TCP congestion control algorithms,” IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 3609-3638, 2019.
- A. Kuzmanovic and E. Knightly, “TCP-LP: a distributed algorithm for low priority data transfer,” IEEE INFOCOM 2003. Twenty-second Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies, vol. 3, pp. 1691-1701, 2003.
- D. Rossi, C. Testa, S. Valenti and L. Muscariello, “LEDBAT: The new BitTorrent congestion control protocol,” in Proc. of 19th International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks (IC-CCN 2010), August 2010.
- D. Syzov, D. Kachan and E. Siemens, “High-speed UDP data transmission with multithreading and automatic resource allocation,” Proc. of the 4th International Conference on Applied Innovations in IT,(ICAIIT), pp. 51-55, March 2016.