Proceedings of International Conference on Applied Innovation in IT
2020/03/10, Volume 8, Issue 1, pp.29-34
Improved Approach to Quality Control of Telecommunication Service Providers
Larysa Globa, Maryna Popova, Nataliia Yushko
Abstract: The modern development of telecommunications and telecommunication providers requires an increasing level of service provision. It is explained by the fact that the formation of a market for network services has increased attention to issues of quality control, both by regulators and by providers themselves. To ensure compliance with the specified level of quality of service provision, telecommunication providers develop algorithms and solutions to control the quality of service provision, based on different criteria, by themselves. However, these solutions are not universal for different types (quantitative, qualitative, etc.) of service quality indicators. This article proposes an improved approach to quality control of telecommunication service providers. The implementation of the proposed approach is performed using the ontological model of service quality indicators given by the provider and the dynamically changing workflow, which provides versatility and computer-aided quality of service control. The proposed approach allows to make the process of quality control of service delivery transparent and reduce the involvement of expert analysts in this process.
Keywords: Ontology, Workflow, Data Structure, Microservices, Orchestrator, Computer-Aided Design, Quality of Service, Telecommunication
- V.P. Lupanin and T.A Kulikova, “The system ofquality service-oriented consumers”, Technology ofinformation society, 2016, pp. 78-84.
- International Telecommunication Union. SERIES E:overall network operation, telephone service, serviceoperation and human factors / InternationalTelecommunication Union., 2012, p. 52, Rec. ITU-TE.803 (12/2011).
- ETSI EG 202 843 V1.1.2 (201107) User Group;Quality of ICT Services; Definitions and Methods forAssessing the QoS parameters of the CustomerRelationship Stages other than utilization.
- L.S. Globa, O.S. Shtogrina and M.Y. Ternovoy,“Integration of ontology-based databases andknowledge bases”, Collection of scientific works ofNTUU "KPI", no. 1, 2011.
- L. Globa, M. Kovalskyi and O. Stryzhak, “Increasingweb services discovery relevancy in the multi-ontological environment”, Springer, Cham, 2015,pp. 335-344.
- A. Koval, L. Globa and R. Novogrudska, “Theapproach to web services composition”, Springerinternational publication AG, no. 534, 2017, pp. 293-304.
- W. Tan, Y. Fan, A. Ghoneim, M.A. Hossain andS.Dustdar, “From the Service-Oriented Architectureto the Web API economy”, IEEE InternetComputing, vol. 20, no. 4, 2016, pp. 64-68.
- C. Peltz, “Web services orchestration andchoreography”, Computer, vol. 36, 2003, no. 10,pp. 46-52.
- L. Koo, N. Trokanas, A. Panteli, E. Kalemi, N. Shahet. al., “Integration of CAPE Models and Data for theDomain of Biorefining: InterCAPEmodel OntologyDesign”, Computer-Aided Chemical Engineering,Elsevier, vol. 40, 2017, pp. 2341-2346, doi: 10.1016/B978-0-444-63965-3.50392-5.
- D. Oberle, “How ontologies benefit enterpriseapplications”, Semantic Web, vol. 5, 2014,pp. 473-491, doi: 10.3233/SW-130114.
- A. Bitkowska, “Business Process ManagementCentre of Excellence as a Source of Knowledge”, Business, Management and Education, no. 16, 2018, pp. 121-132, doi: 10.3846/bme.2018.2190.
- B. Ludaescher, I. Altintas, S. Bowers, J. Cummings etal., “Scientific Process Automation and WorkflowManagement”, 2009, doi: 10.1201/9781420069815-c13.
- M. Rosing, S. White, F. Cummins and H. Man,“Business Process Model And Notation (BPMN)”.The Complete Business Process Handbook, 2015, pp. 429-453, doi: 10.1016/B978-0-12-799959-3.00021-5.
- A. Stephen, “Process Modeling Notations andWorkflow Patterns”, in Wayback Machine, IBMCorporation, 2006.
- B. Silver, BPMN Method and Style, 2nd Edition.2011, Cody-Cassidy Press, ISBN 0982368119.
- F. Curbera, et al. Business process executionlanguage for web services, 2002, [Online]. Available:http://www106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/wsbpel/.