Proceedings of International Conference on Applied Innovation in IT
2020/03/10, Volume 8, Issue 1, pp.21-26
Resource Sharing Challenge for Micro Operator Pattern in 5G SDN / NFV Network
Mariia Skulysh, Larysa Globa, Eduard Siemens
Abstract: To expand the capabilities of their networks, large operators turn to smaller operators for help, which allows serving more users. This is possible because software-defined network technologies and virtualization of network functions are used. However, the distribution of subscriber flows between the micro-operators networks problem arises. Micro-operator networks have limited technical resources. The network resources consumed by the services are unevenly in time distributed. There are situations when the network resources of the operator are not enough. At the same time, service consumers want to receive services at a given level of QoS. For dynamic control of the sufficiency of micro-operator resources, the article proposes the dynamic flow control method. The method algorithm include the stages: the flows and node resources use monitoring, the optimal node load calculation, prediction of exceeding the permissible load value, and automatic live migration. The modeling proposed algorithm results showed that there are no more overloads of the micro operator networks. The level of service delays decreased by 5%.
Keywords: Communication Networks, SDN, 5G, Smart Migration System, Network Slicing, Micro Operator
- A. Raschellà, F. Bouhafs, G.C. Deepak, and M. Mackay,“QoS aware radio access technology selection framework inheterogeneous networks using SDN,” Journal ofCommunications and Networks, vol. 19, no. 6, 2017,pp. 577-586.
- M. Matinmikko, M. Latva-aho, P. Ahokangas, S. Yrjölä,and T. Koivumäki, “Micro operators to boost local servicedelivery in 5G,” Wireless Personal Communications,vol. 95, no. 1, 2017, pp. 69-82.
- J. S. Walia, H. Hammainen, and M. Matinmikko, “5GMicro-operators for the future campus: A techno-economicstudy,” in Proceedings of the 2017 Internet of Things -Business Models, Users, and Networks, Copenhagen,Denmark, pp. 1-8, November 2017.
- M. Matinmikko-Blue and M. Latva-aho, “Micro operatorsaccelerating 5G deployment,” in Proceedings of the IEEEInternational Conference on Industrial and InformationSystems (ICIIS), Peradeniya, Sri Lanka, pp. 1-5, December2017.
- P. Ahokangas, S. Moqaddamerad, and M. Matinmikko,“Future micro operators business models in 5G,” TheBusiness and Management Review, vol. 7, no. 5, 2016,pp. 143-149.
- P. Mach and Z. Becvar, “Mobile Edge Computing: ASurvey on Architecture and Computation Offloading,” IEEECommunications Surveys & Tutorials, vol. 19, no. 3, 2017,pp. 1628-1656.
- L. Globa, M. Skulysh, O. Romanov and M. Nesterenko,“Quality Control for Mobile Communication ManagementServices in Hybrid Environment”. International Conferenceon Information and Telecommunication Technologies andRadio Electronics, Springer, Cham, pp. 76-100, November2018.
- M.A. Skulysh, O.I. Romanov, L.S. Globa and I.I. Husyeva,“Managing the Process of Servicing HybridTelecommunications Services. Quality Control andInteraction Procedure of Service Subsystems”. InInternational Multi-Conference on Advanced ComputerSystems. Springer, Cham, pp. 244-256, September 2018.
- Chia-Wei Tseng, Yu-Kai Huang, Fan-Hsun Tseng, Yao-Tsung Yang, Chien-Chang Liu and Li-Der Chou, “MicroOperator Design Pattern in 5G SDN/NFV Network,”Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, vol.2018, Article ID 3471610, 14 p., 2018.
- O. Semenova, A. Semenov and O. Voitsekhovska, “Neuro-Fuzzy Controller for Handover Operation in 5GHeterogeneous Networks”. IEEE 3rd InternationalConference on Advanced Information and CommunicationsTechnologies (AICT), pp. 382-386, July 2019.
- M. Skulysh, “The method of resources involvementscheduling based on the long-term statistics ensuring qualityand performance parameters”. International Conference onInformation and Telecommunication Technologies and Radio Electronics (UkrMiCo), pp. 1-4, September 2017.
- M. Skulysh and O. Romanov, “The structure of a mobileprovider network with network functions virtualization”.14th International Conference on Advanced Trends inRadioelecrtronics, Telecommunications and ComputerEngineering (TCSET). IEEE, 2018, pp. 1032-1034.
- L. Globa, V. Kurdecha, I. Ishchenko, A. Zakharchuk andN. Kunieva, “The intellectual IoT-system for monitoring thebase station quality of service”. IEEE International Black Sea Conference on Communications and Networking (BlackSeaCom), pp. 1-5, June 2018.
- O.I. Romanov, Y.S. Hordashnyk and T.T. Dong, “Methodfor calculating the energy loss of a light signal in atelecommunication Li-Fi system”. International conferenceon information and telecommunication technologies andradio electronics, (UkrMiCo), pp. 1-7, September 2017.
- M. Skulysh, F. Shilov and A. Safaryan, “Investigation of themethod of computing resources optimal choice for billingsystems effectiveness." Control, Navigation AndCommunication Systems. Academic Journal 3.49, pp. 147-152, 2018, doi: https://doi.org/10.26906/SUNZ.2018.3.147.
- L.S. Globa, I. Ishchenko, V. Kurdecha, A. Zakharchuk andO. Zvonarov, “An approach to the Internet of Things systemwith nomadic units developing”. IEEE International BlackSea Conference on Communications and Networking(BlackSeaCom), pp. 1-5, June 2016.