Proceedings of International Conference on Applied Innovation in IT
2019/10/06, Volume 7, Issue 2, pp.39-44
Design and Practical Evaluation of the PVT Concentrator System Concept
Alena Okhorzina, Alexander Bikbulatov, Alexey Yurchenko, Wang Tai Dinh,
Abstract: The purpose of this work is to propose a novel and effective photovoltaic-thermal hybrid solar system (PVT) with thermal and electrical output for small households. Such design allows the use of standard industrial photovoltaic modules in areas with low solar irradiation. The base of the system is a parabolic solar concentrator that increases the density of an irradiation flow on the photovoltaic module surface. To prevent the system from damage caused by overheating, redundant thermal energy can be used in a house heating system or should be removed by a cooler, boiler, etc. The proof of concept has been realized as a standalone PVT system with thermal and electrical output and successfully tested under natural conditions.
Keywords: PVT System, PV System, Concentrators, Thermal Performance
- T. Markvart and L. Castafier,”Practical Handbook of Photovoltaics: Fundamentals and Applications” Elsevier Science Ltd., 2003, p. 985.
- H.A. Zondag, “Flat-plate PV-Thermal collectors and systems: A review”, Renew Sustain Energy Rev, 12, 2008, pp. 891-959.
- L. Chia-Yen, Ch. Po-Cheng, Ch. Che-Ming and L. Chiu-Feng, “Sun tracking systems: A review”,
- Sensors, no. 9, 2009, pp. 3875-3890.
- M. Kitaeva, A. Yurchenko and A. Okhorzina, “Efficiency of PV systems with solar trackers for Russian regions”, Proceedings: 7th International Forum on Strategic Technology, Tomsk: TPU Press, vol. 2 , 2012, p. 103-106.
- P. Dupeyrat, C. Mnzo, M. Rommel and H.M Henning, “Efficient single glazed flat plate photovoltaic–thermal hybrid collector for domestic hot water system” Solar Energy, vol. 85, 2011, pp. 1457-1468.
- M. Rosa-Clot, P. Rosa-Clot and G.M. Tina “TESPI: thermal electric solar panel integration” Solar Energy., vol. 85, 2011, pp. 2433-2442.
- A. Okhorzina, A. Yurchenko and N. Bernhard, “Numerical modelling of a PV concentrator system based on a dual-diode cell model taking into account cooling by a heat sink” Proceedings of 31st European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition, WIP Munich, 2015, pp. 1444-1447.
- T. Salmi et al., “Matlab/Simulink based modelling of solar photovoltaic cell”. International journal of renewable energy research, vol. 2, no. 2, 2012, p. 6.
- H.L. Tsai, C.S. Tu and Y.J. Su, “Development of generalized photovoltaic model Using Matlab/Simulink, WCECS 2008, San Francisco, USA, p. 6, October 2008.
- K. Kant, A. Shukla, A.Sharma and P.H. Biwol, “Heat transfer studies of photovoltaic panel coupled with phase change material”, Solar Energy, vol. 140, 2016, pp. 151-161.
- N. Gakkhar, M.S.Soni and S, Jakhar, “Analysis of water cooling of CPV cells mounted on absorber tube of a Parabolic Trough Collector” Energy Procedia, vol. 90, pp. 78-88, Desember 2016.