Proceedings of International Conference on Applied Innovation in IT
2019/03/06, Volume 7, Issue 1, pp.37-41
Development of Exercise Designing Module for Computer Training Complex
Filipp Shkliaev, Rustam Fayzrakhmanov
Abstract: The development of exercises for computer training complexes is a time-consuming process, which includes many factors that must be considered. In the training complex, it can be simplified by a special module that takes into account the characteristics of the subject area and simplifies the development of the exercise. However, at the moment such a module has not been submitted. The aim of the article was to develop an exercise designing module that takes into account the possibility of interaction between elements of the simulator and compiles the exercise scenario. The ontological model was developed for the selection of consistent elements; finite-state machine was comprised the exercise scenario. The novelty of developed module was the integration of 3D-scene creating tool and an exercise scenario designer, based on the ontology of simulator’ subject area. The developed module was tested by designing an exercise scenario included in the examination program of the National Commission for Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO).
Keywords: Training Simulation Complex, Ontological Modelling, Exercise Designing
- P. Benjamin, M. Patki, R. Mayer, “Using ontologies for simulation modeling,” Proceedings of the 38th conference on Winter simulation, 2006, pp. 1151-1159.
- E. Holohan, M. Melia, D. McMullen and C. Pahl, “The generation of e-learning exercise problems from subject ontologies,” Advanced Learning Technologies on Sixth International Conference, 2006, pp. 967-969.
- U. Durak, H. Oğuztüzün, C. Köksal, and Ö. Özdikiş, “Towards interoperable and composable trajectory simulations: an ontology-based approach,” Journal of Simulation 5, no. 3, pp. 217-229, 2011.
- U. Durak, S. Güler, H. Oğuztüzün and S. K. İder, “An exercise in ontology driven trajectory simulation with MATLAB SIMULINK (R),” Proceedings of the 21th European Conference on Modelling and Simulation (ECMS), 2007, pp. 1-6.
- M. Manaa and A. Jalel, “Ontology-based trajectory data warehouse conceptual model,” International Conference on Big Data Analytics and Knowledge Discovery, pp. 329-342, 2016.
- M. Manaa and A. Jalel, "Ontology-based modeling and querying of trajectory data", Data & Knowledge Engineering 111, pp. 58-72, 2017.
- T. P. Nogueira, R. B. Braga, H. Martin, “An ontology-based approach to represent trajectory characteristics,” Fifth International Conference Computing for Geospatial Research and Application, 2014, pp. 102-107.
- N. Walkinshaw, R. Taylor, J. Derrick, “Inferring extended finite state machine models from software executions,” Empirical Software Engineering, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 811-853, 2016.
- R. Fayzrakhmanov, I. Polevshchikov, A. Khabibulin “Computer Simulation Complex for Training Operators of Handling Processes,” Proceedings of International Conference on Applied Innovation in IT, vol. 5, pp. 81-86.
- R. Fayzrakhmanov, I. Polevshchikov, A. Polyakov, “Computer-aided Control of Sensorimotor Skills Development in Operators of Manufacturing
- Installations”, Proceedings of International Conference on Applied Innovation in IT, vol. 6, pp. 59-65.
- The National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO), [Online], Availible: http://www.nccco.org/home.
- R A. Fayzrakhmanov, I. Polevshchikov, A. Khabibulin, F. Shkliaev, R. R. Fayzrakhmanov, “ANYCRANE: Towards a better Port Crane Simulator for Training Operators,” 15th International industrial simulation conference, 2017, pp. 85-87.