Proceedings of International Conference on Applied Innovation in IT
2016/03/10, Volume 4, Issue 1, pp.65-71
Similarity Measurement of Biological Signals Using Dynamic Time Warping Algorithm
Ivan Luzianin, Bernd Krause
Abstract: The problem of similarity measurement of biological signals is considered on this article. The dynamic time warping algorithm is used as a possible solution. A short overview of this algorithm and its modifications are given. Testing procedure for different modifications of DTW, which are based on artificial test signals, are presented.
Keywords: biological signal, dynamic time warping, ECG, artificial signals, testing methods.
- L. Sörnmo, P. Laguna, “Bioelectrical signal processing in cardiac and neurological applications, 1st Edition”, Academic Press, 2005.
- G. D. Clifford, F. Azuaje, P. E. McSharry, “Advanced Methods and Tools for ECG Data Analysis”, Norwood: Artech House Inc., 2006.
- C. Cassisi, P. Montalto et al. (2012). “Similarity Measures and Dimensionality Reduction Techniques for Time Series Data Mining”, in: A. Karahoca (Ed.), “Advances in Data Mining Knowledge Discovery and Applications”, InTech, 2012, pp. 71-94.
- Y. Jeong, M. K. Jeong, O. A. Omitaomu, “Weighted Dynamic Time Warping for Time Series Classification”, Pattern Recognition, No. 44, 2011, pp. 2231-2240.
- T.S. Han, S.K. Ko, J. Kang, “Efficient Subsequence Matching Using the Longest Common Subsequence with a Dual Match Index”, Proceeding MLDM of the 5th International Conference on Machine Learning and Data Mining in Pattern Recognition, Berlin Heidelberg: Springer, 2007, pp. 585-600.
- Y. Zhang, T. F. Edgar, “A Robust Dynamic Time Warping Algorithm for Batch Trajectory Synchronization”, American Control Conference, Seattle, June 2008, pp. 2864-2869.
- P. Tormene, T. Giorgio et al., “Matching incomplete time series with dynamic time warping: an algorithm and an application to post-stroke rehabilitation”, Artificial Intelligence in Medicine, No. 45, 2009, pp. 11-34.
- B. Huang, W. Kinsner, “ECG Frame Classification Using Dynamic Time Warping”, Proceedings of the IEEE Canadian conference on Electrical & Computer Engineering, 2002, pp. 1105-1110.
- L. R. Rabiner, A. E. Rosenberg and S. E. Levinson “Considerations in Dynamic Time Warping Algorithms for Discrete Word Recognition”, IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, vol. ASSP-26, Dec. 1978, pp. 575-582.
- M. Müller, “Dynamic Time Warping”, Information Retrieval for Music and Motion, Berlin Heidelberg: Springer 2007, pp. 69-84.
- L. N. Sörnmo, M. E. Nygårds, “Deliniation of the QRS complex using the envelope of the e.c.g.”, Medical & Biological Engineering & Computing, No. 21, 1993, pp. 538-547.
- R. Atarius, L. Sörnmo, “Detection of Cardiac Late Potentials in nonstationary noise”, Med Eng Phys, 1997, pp. 291-298.
- P. Lander, E.J. Berbari “Time-Frequency Plane Wiener Filtering of the High-Resolution ECG: Background and Time-Frequency Representations”, IEEE Trans Biomed Eng., Apr. 1997, pp. 247-255.
- E.J. Keogh, M.J. Pazzani, “Derivative Dynamic Time warping”, Proceeding of the First SIAM of International Conference on Data Mining, 2007, pp. 1-11.
- T. Giorgino, “Computing and Visualizing Dynamic Time Warping Algorithms in R: The DTW Package”, Journal of Statistical Software, Vol. 31, Issue 7, 2009, pp. 1-25.
- M. Schmidt, M. Baumert et al., “Two-Dimensional Warping for One-Dimensional Signals — Conceptual Framework and Application to ECG Processing”, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 62, No. 21, Nov. 2014, pp. 5577-5588.