Proceedings of International Conference on Applied Innovation in IT
2016/03/10, Volume 1, Issue 4, pp.57-63
Modeling of Self-similar Traffic
Irina Strelkovskaya, Irina Solovskaya, Nikolay Severin
Abstract: Modeling of self-similar traffic is performed for the queuing system of G/M/1/K type using Weibull distribution. To study the self-similar traffic the simulation model is developed by using SIMULINK software package in MATLAB environment. Approximation of self-similar traffic on the basis of spline functions. Modeling self-similar traffic is carried out for QS of W/M/1/K type using the Weibull distribution. Initial data are: the value of Hurst parameter H=0,65, the shape parameter of the distribution curve α ≈0,7 and distribution parameter β ≈0,0099. Considering that the self-similar traffic is characterized by the presence of "splashes" and long-term dependence between the moments of requests arrival in this study under given initial data it is reasonable to use linear interpolation splines.
Keywords: self-similar traffic, Hurst parameter, Weibull distribution, modeling, queuing system, approximation, spline function
- P.P. Vorobienko, L.А. Nikityuk, P.І. Reznichenko Telecommunication and Information Networks. Kiev, SMMIT-КNIGA: 2010, 640 p.
- А.V. Roslyakov, S.V. Vanyashin, М.Yu. Samsonov and oth. Networks of the next generation NGN. Moscow. Eko-Trends, 2008, 424 p.
- V.V. Кrylov, S.S. Samohvalova, Theory of telegraphic and its applications. St. Petersburg, BXV-Petersburg, 2005, 288 p.
- Кleynrok L. Theory of queuing network. Мoscow. Engineering, 1979, 432 p.
- О.I. Sheluhin, А.М. Теnyakshev, А.V. Оsin, Fractal processes in telecommunications. Moscow, Radioengineering, 2003, 480 p.
- О.I. Sheluhin, А.V. Оsin, S.М. Smolskii, Self-similarity and fractals. Telecommunication applications. Moscow, PHISMATLIT, 2008, 368 p.
- I.V. Strelkovskaya, V.V. Popovskii, D.Y. Buhan, Comparative methods of approximation in the results of recursive evaluation of the state of network elements and their modes. Telecommunication systems and technologies. Applied radio engineering. State and perspectives of development: 3-d International. Radio engineering forum: coll. of scient works, P. 2, pp. 15–16, 2008.
- Yu.S. Zavyalov, B.I. Кvasov, V.L. Miroshnichenko, Methods of spline functions. Moscow, Science, 1980, 352 p.
- V.V. Popovskiy, S.O. Saburova, V.F. Olіynik and oth. Mathematical bases of telecommunications systems theory. Kharkіv, TOV «Company SMІT", 2006, 564 p.
- I.V. Strelkovskaya, I. Solovskaya, N. Severin, S. Paskalenko, Approximation of self-similar traffic by spline-functions. Modern Problems of Radio Engineering, Telecommunications and Computer Science: proceedings of the XIII International Conference (TSET’2016), Slavske, Ukraine, February 23 – 26, pp. 132-135, 2016.