Proceedings of International Conference on Applied Innovation in IT
2015/03/19, Volume 3, Issue 1, pp.25-28
Long-term Forecasting of Frame Alignment Losses for Circuit Emulation Implementation
Abstract: The article provides a method for long-term forecast of frame alignment losses based on the bit-error rate monitoring for structure-agnostic circuit emulation service over Ethernet in a mobile backhaul network. The developed method with corresponding algorithm allows to detect instants of probable frame alignment losses in a long term perspective in order to give engineering personnel extra time to take some measures aimed at losses prevention. Moreover, long-term forecast of frame alignment losses allows to make a decision about the volume of TDM data encapsulated into a circuit emulation frame in order to increase utilization of the emulated circuit. The developed long-term forecast method formalized with the corresponding algorithm is recognized as cognitive and can act as a part of network predictive monitoring system.
Keywords: frame alignment loss, long-term forecast, predictive monitoring
- ITU-T Recommendation G.8001 Terms and definitions for Ethernet frames over Transport. (2008). Approved 2008-03-29. Geneva: ITU, 12.
- ITU-R Recommendation V.662-3 Terms and definitions. (2005). Approved 2005. Geneva: ITU, p. 19.
- ITU-R Recommendation BT.1790 Requirements for monitoring of broadcasting chains during operation. (2007). Approved 2007. Geneva: ITU, p. 6.
- ITU-T Recommendation I.113 Vocabulary of terms for broadband access of ISDN. (1997). Approved 1997-06-20. Geneva: ITU, p 35.
- E. Voronova, I. Kislukhina, “The Study of the Trends in Social-Economic Systems Based on Predictive Monitoring,” Feb. 2012 Available: http://www.uecs.ru/uecs-38-382012/item/1052-2012-02-20-05-48-08.
- J. Levitt, “Complete Guide to Predictive and Preventive Maintenance,” New York: Industrial Press, Inc., 2005, p. 256.
- L. Clifton, D.A. Clifton, M.A.F. Pimentel, P.J. Watkinson, L. Tarassenko “Predictive Monitoring of Mobile Patients by Combining Clinical Observations With Data From Wearable Sensors,” IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics, Vol.:18, Issue: 3, 225, pp. 722 – 730. DOI: 10.1109/JBHI.2013.2293059.
- J. R. Moorman, C.E Rusin, L. Hoshik, L.E. Guin, M.T. Clark, J.B. Delos, J. Kattwinkel, D.E. Lake, “Predictive monitoring for early detection of subacute potentially catastrophic illnesses in critical care,” Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, EMBC, 2011. Boston, USA Aug.–Sep. 2011. DOI: 10.1109/IEMBS.2011.6091407.
- A. Metzger, R. Franklin, Y. Engel, “Predictive Monitoring of Heterogeneous Service-Oriented Business Networks: The Transport and Logistics Case,” Annual SRII Global Conference, San Jose, USA July 24-27, 2012. DOI: 10.1109/SRII.2012.42.
- M. Franceschinis, F. Mauro, C. Pastrone, M.A Spirito, M. Rossi, “Predictive monitoring of train wagons conditions using wireless network technologies,” The 14th International Symposium on Information, Communication and Automation Technologies (ICAT), Sarajevo, Bosna i Hercegovina, Oct-Nov 2013. DOI: 10.1109/ICAT. 2013.6684032.
- S.M Zain, Kien Kek Chua, “Development of a neural network Predictive Emission Monitoring System for flue gas measurement,” IEEE 7th International Colloquium on Signal Processing and its Applications (CSPA), Penang, Malaysia March 2011. DOI: 10.1109/CSPA.2011.5759894.
- A. Metzger, P. Leitner, D. Ivanovic, E. Schmieders, R. Franklin, M. Carro, S.Dustdar, K. Pohl, “Comparing and Combining Predictive Business Process Monitoring Techniques,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics,” Vol.:PP, Issue: 99, 1. DOI:10.1109/TSMC.2014.2347265.
- Y. Babich, L. Nikityuk, “Forecasting changes of frame alignment loss probability in convergent networks,” Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 2014, 5(9(71)), pp. 19-24. Available:http://journals.uran.ua/eejet/article/view/28005/25489.
- MEF 3 Circuit Emulation Service Definitions, Framework and Requirements in Metro Ethernet Networks, 2004, The Metro Ethernet Forum. Available: http://www.metroethernetforum.org/Assets/Technical_Specifications/PDF/MEF3.pdf.
- MEF 8 Implementation Agreement for the Emulation of PDH Circuits over Metro Ethernet Networks, Oct. 2004, The Metro Ethernet Forum. Available: http://www.metroethernetforum.org/Assets/Technical_Specifications/PDF/MEF8.pdf.
- Y. Babich, L. Nikityuk, “Analysis and optimization of parameters of circuit emulation service in mobile networks,” Eastern-European Journal Of Enterprise Technologies, 2013, (9(64)), pp. 59-62. Available: http://journals.uran.ua/eejet/article/view/16396.
- ITU-T Recommendation G.826 Error performance parameters and objectives for international, constant bit rate digital paths at or above the primary rate. (2002). Approved 2002-12-14. Geneva: ITU, p. 34.
- E. Sukachev, “Sotovie seti radiosviazi s podvizhnimy obektami: handbook,” Odessa: ONAS n.a. А. S. Popov, 2013, p. 256.
- E. Chetirkin, “Statisticheskie metodi prognozirovania,” М.: Statistika, 1977, p. 200.
- ITU-T Recommendation G.706 Frame Alignment and Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) Procedures Relating to Basic Frame Structures Defined in Recommendation G.704, Approved 1991-04-05. Geneva: ITU, 18.
- Nokia FlexiHopper Technical Specifications, June 2014, TelecomConsulting. Available: http:// http://telekom.org.ru/katalognaimenovanii-res/nokia-flexihopper-7/