Proceedings of International Conference on Applied Innovation in IT
2015/03/19, Volume 1, Issue 3, pp.7-11
Regarding Information Systems Dependability Analysis
Ivan Luzyanin, Anton Petrochenkov
Abstract: The article presents classification of information systems by different parameters. Factors influencing information systems dependability are also presented. The article describes the strategy of information systems dependability analysis and methods of its increase. The example of analysis of real information system is considered to show how to implement the strategy.
Keywords: information system, dependability, maintainability, reparability, integrated logistics support, structural and functional analysis
- IEC 60050-191:1990 International Electrotechnical Vocabulary. Chapter 191: Dependability and Quality of Service.
- IEC 60300-3-1:2003 "Dependability management - Part 3-1: Application guide - Analysis techniques for dependability - Guide on methodology".
- R. Longbottom “Computer System Reliability”, New York: Wiley- Blackwell, 1980.
- P. Gill, N. Jain, N. Nagappan, “Understanding Network Failures in Data Centers: Measurement, Analysis and Implementations” Microsoft Research, Redmond WA.
- B. Guenter, N. Jain, C. Williams, “Managing Cost, Performance, and Reliability Tradeoffs for Energy-Aware Server Provisioning”, Microsoft Research, Redmond WA.
- J. Gray, “Why Do Computers Stop and What Can Be Done About It?”, 1985.
- S.C. Malik, “Reliability modeling of a computer system with preventive maintenance and priority subject to maximum operation and repair times”, International Journal of System Assurance Engineering and Management, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 94-100, Mar. 2013.
- R. Reinertsen, “Residual life of technical systems; diagnosis, prediction and life extension”, Reliability Engineering and System Safety, 1996, 54 (1), pp. 23-34. doi: 10.1016/S0951-8320(96)00092-0.
- A.K.S. Jardine, D. Lin, and D. Banjevic, “A review on machinery diagnostics and prognostics implementing condition-based maintenance”, Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 2006, 20(7), pp. 1483-1510. doi: 10.1016/j.ymssp.2005.09.012.
- M. Bagajewicz, “A review of techniques for instrumentation design and upgrade in process plants”, Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, 2002, 80 (1), pp. 3-16.
- JSP 886 The Defence Logistic Support Chain Manual vol. 7 Integrated Logistics Support
- A. B. Petrochenkov, E. M. Solodkii, “On the Methods for Constructing Failure Models of Complex Systems”, Russian Electrical Engineering, 2011, Vol. 82, No.11., pp.623-627. doi: 10.3103/S1068371211110125.
- Lev V. Utkin, and Igor O. Kozine, “Stress-strength reliability models under incomplete information@, International Journal of General Systems, 2002, 31:6, 549-568, DOI: 10.1080/0308107021000061885
- N.A.J. Hastings, “Physical Asset Management”, 2015. doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-14777-2_3
- A. B. Petrochenkov, S. V. Bochkarev, A. V. Romodin, D. K. Eltyshev, “The Planning Operation Process of Electrotechnical Equipment Using the Markov Process”, Russian Electrical Engineering, 2011, Vol. 82, No.11., pp.592-595. doi:10.3103/S1068371211110113.
- A. B. Petrochenkov, “On the Problem of Development of Models of Processing Operations Performed during Repair of Electrical Engineering Complex Components”, Russian Electrical Engineering, 2013, Vol. 84, No. 11, pp. 613–616. doi: 10.3103/S1068371213110096.
- E.V. Cota, L. Gullo, R. Mujal, “Applying Design for Reliability to increase reliability confidence”, Proc. of Annual Reliability and Maintainability Symposium, 2014, art. no. 6798454, doi:10.1109/RAMS.2014.6798454