Proceedings of International Conference on Applied Innovation in IT
2013/03/25, Volume 1, Issue 1, pp.35-41
A Model of Video Traffic Transmission in IP Networks
Elena Kokoreva, Anna Belezekova
Abstract: Telecommunications and network technology is now the driving force that ensures continued progress of world civilization. Design of new and expansion of existing network infrastructures requires improving the quality of service(QoS). Modeling probabilistic and time characteristics of telecommunication systems is an integral part of modern algorithms of administration of quality of service. At present, for the assessment of quality parameters except simulation models analytical models in the form of systems and queuing networks are widely used. Because of the limited mathematical tools of models of these classes the corresponding parameter estimation of parameters of quality of service are inadequate by definition. Especially concerning the models of telecommunication systems with packet transmission of multimedia real-time traffic.hms’ implementation regarding to life cycle management of electrotechnical equipment are considered.
Keywords: telecommunication systems, TCP/IP, mathematical simulation, queuing system
- Servetto S.D., Nahrstedt K., Broadcast Quality Video over IP. IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, vol. 3, no.1, March 2001, pp. 162-173.
- Hong C., T. Yoneda, K. Tanaka, S. Honda, Y. Matsushita, “Multimedia communication networking architecture model for hign speed network” 19th Conference on Local Computer Networks. Proceedings., pp. 257-265, 1994.
- A. Srivastava, A. Kumar, A. Singru and K.A. Kamel, “Object oriented simulation of multimedia on demand services over ATM network” Proceedings of the Fourth International Workshop on Modeling, Analysis, and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems, MASCOTS’96., pp. 128-132, 1996.
- J.-G. Kim, J.P. Hong, B.-J. Min and M.H. Kim, “Multimedia service object modeling” Third International Workshop on Object-Oriented Real-Time Dependable Systems, Proceedings., pp. 347-354, 1997.
- X.X. Yao and O.W.W. Yang, “A queueing analysis of slotted ALOHA systems” Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering, pp. 1234-1238 vol.2, 1993.
- A. Burrell, D Makrakis and P. Papantoni-Kazakos, “Performance analysis of a new implementation efficient capacity allocation protocol for multimedia traffic in ATM networks” Proceedings of the Third IEEE International Symposium on High Performance Distributed Computing, pp. 51-59, 1994.
- A. Das, ”A model for synchronisation and communication of distributed multimedia data streams” Proceedings of IEEE Singapore International Conference on Networks, pp. 622-626, 1995.
- R. Cohen and H. Radha, “Streaming fine-grained scalable video over packet-based networks” Global Telecommunications Conference, GLOBECOM’00., IEEE, vol.1, pp. 288-292, 2000.
- W.K. Wong, Y. Qian and V.C.M. Leung, “Scheduling for heterogeneous traffic in next generation wireless network” Global Telecommunications Conference, GLOBECOM’00., IEEE, pp. 283-287, 2000.
- R.M. Guirguis and S. Mahmoud, “Transmission of real-time multilayered MPEG-4 video over ATM/ABR service” 2000 IEEE International Conference on Communications, ICC 2000., vol.1, pp. 259-263, 2000.
- T. Irnich and P. Stuckmann, “Analytical performance evaluation of Internet access over GPRS and its comparison with simulation results” The 13th IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, vol.5, pp. 2127-2131, 2002.
- ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG11 No2459 Overview of the MPEG-4 standard. 1998.
- A.F. Yaroslavtsev, T.-J. Lee, M.Y. Chung, H. Choo, “Performance Analysis of IP-Based Multimedia Communication Networks to Support Video Traffic Computational Science” ICCS 2004, 4th International Conference, Krakow, Poland, June 6-9, 2004, Proceedings, Part 1, Lecture Notes in Computer Science. – Springer Berlin/Heidelberg, 2004.-Vol.3036. - pp. 573-576.
- Chandy K.M., Neuse D., Lineariser: a heuristic algorithm for queueing network models of computing systems // Comm. of the ACM. – 1982. – v.25, No.2.