Proceedings of International Conference on Applied Innovation in IT
2020/03/10, Volume 8, Issue 1, pp.13-20
Ultra Reliable Advanced Framework for Emergency and Mission Critical Data for 5G Services
Simon Bojadzievski, Marija Kalenda, Tomislav Shuminoski
Abstract: The paper provides a novel approach of using heterogeneous devices and future networks, with impact on ultra-reliable services for the next generation 5G networks and emergency mission critical data. The usercentric
Keywords: 5G, Emergency, IoT, Mission Critical Data, Reliability, Ultra-Reliable Low Latency
- M. Maier, C. Mahfuzulhoq, B.P. Rimal, D. Pham Van,“The Tactile Internet: Vision, Recent Progress, and Open Challenges”; IEEE Communications Magazine 54(5), February 2016, doi: 10.1109/MCOM.2016.7470948.
- Aijaz, Adnan & Dawy, Zaher & Pappas, Nikolaos & Simsek, Meryem & Oteafy, Sharief & Holland, Oliver, “Toward a Tactile Internet Reference Architecture: Vision and Progress of the IEEE P1918.1 Standard”, July 2018.
- M. R. Palattella, M. Dohler, A. Grieco Senior, G. Rizzo, J. Torsner, T. Engel, and L. Ladid, “Internet of Things in the 5G Era:Enablers, Architecture and Business Models” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, Vol.: 34, Issue: 3, March 2016.
- 3GPP TS 23.282 V16.0.0 (2018-09), Functional architecture and information flows to support Mission Critical Data (MCData); Stage 2, (Release 16)
- O. Akrivopoulos, I. Chatzigiannakis, C. Tselios, and A. Antoniou, “On the Deployment of Healthcate
- Applications over Fog Computing Infrastructure”, Proc. IEEE 41st Annual Computer Software and Applications Conference (COMPSAC), vol. 2, pp. 288-295, June 2017.
- Zhang, Qi & Fitzek, Frank, “Mission Critical IoT Communication in 5G”. FABULOUS 2015, Ohrid, Republic of Macedonia, 35-41. 10.1007/978-3-319-27072-2_5, September 2015.
- Siddiqi, Murtaza & Yu, Jaehyung & Joung, “5G Ultra-Reliable Low-Latency Communication Implementation Challenges and Operational Issues with IoT Devices”, [Online]. Available: 8. 981. 10.3390/electronics8090981, September 2019.
- Y. Zhou, Y. Rong, H.A. Choi, J.H. Kim, J.K. Sohn, and H. I. Choi, “A Dual-Mode Mobile Station Modules for WLAN/UMTS Internetworking Systems,” Proc. OPNETWORK 2007, pp. 27-31, Washington, DC, August 2007.
- N.Baldo, F.Maguolo, M. Miozzo, M.Rossi, M.Zorzi, ”Ns2-MIRACLE: a Modular Framework for Multi-Technology and Cross-Layer Support in Network Simulator 2,” NSTools ’07, October 22, 2007.
- A.A. Al-Helali, A. Mahmoud, T. Al-Kharobi, and T. Sheltami, “Simulation Of a Novel Dual-Mode User Equipment Design For B3G Networks Using OPNET,” Third International Conference on Modeling, Simulation and Applied Optimization, Sharjah, U.A.E, January 20-22, 2009.
- T. Shuminoski and T. Janevski, "Novel Adaptive QoS Framework for Integrated UMTS/WLAN Environment", Telfor Journal, Vol. 5, No. 1, 2013.
- G. Andrews, S. Buzzi, W. Choi, S. V. Hanly, A. Lozano, A. C. Soong, and J. C. Zhang, “What will 5G be?” Selected Areas in Communications, IEEE Journal on, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 1065–1082, 2014.
- J. F. Monserrat, G. Mange, V. Braun, H. Tullberg, G. Zimmermann, and O. Bulakci, “Metis research advances towards the 5G mobile and wireless¨ system definition,” EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, vol. 2015, no. 1, pp. 1–16, 2015.
- P. Popovski et al., "Wireless Access in Ultra-Reliable Low-Latency Communication (URLLC)," in IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 67, no. 8, pp. 5783-5801, Aug. 2019. doi: 10.1109/TCOMM.2019.2914652
- 3GPP Tech. Rep. 38.913 v14.1.0, “Study on Scenarios and Requirements for Next Generation Access Technologies,” Januare 2017.
- H.Djuphammar, N.Spångberg, C.Meyer and H.Basilier, “Ensuring critical communication with a secure national symbiotic network”, Ericsson white paper GFMC-18:000199, May 2018.
- 3GPP Tech. Spec. 38.323, “NR; Packet Data ConvergenceProtocol (PDCP) Specification,” v0.2.1, August 2017.
- Huawei, HiSilicon, “R2-1700172: Evaluation on Packet Duplication in Multi-Connectivity”, 3GPP TSG RAN-WG2 NR Ad-hoc Meeting, Spokane, WA,USA, Jan. 2017
- 3GPP Tech. Spec. 36.300, “Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access (E-UTRA) and Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access Network (EUTRAN); Overall Description; Stage 2,” v14.3.0, June 2017
- 3GPP Technical Specification 37.340, “NR; Multi- Connectivity;Overall Description; Stage-2,” August 2017.
- I. Viering, H. Martikainen, A. Lobinger, and B. Wegmann, “Zero-Zero Mobility: Intra-Frequency Handovers with Zero Interruption and Zero Failures“, IEEE Network March/April 2018.
- M. Rausand and A. Høyland, “System reliability theory: models, statistical methods, and applications”, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 396, 2004.