Proceedings of International Conference on Applied Innovation in IT
2018/03/13, Volume 6, Issue 1, pp.93-101
Automation of the Process of Regional Development Management Based on the Use of Smart Benchmarking Technology
Julia Dubrovskaya, Elena Kozonogova, Igor Nosov, Yuliya Karpovich
Abstract: The process automation is one of the effective approaches to process management based on the use of information technology at the present stage of the society development. This approach allows to increase productivity, reduce the process execution time, reduce costs, increase the accuracy and stability of operations. The automation of processes has currently covered both industries and services fields of economy. This article presents an algorithm for automating the procedure for regional benchmarking with a view to its further use in a software environment for statistical data processing. The tasks of regional benchmarking are the selection of the leading region for comparison in a certain area of development, the identification of differences between it and the region being analyzed, as well as an analysis of the key success factors of the leading region. A special feature of strategic planning for regional development based on smart benchmarking is the preliminary identification of structurally similar territories. The authors revealed the essence and advantages of this approach, defined criteria for comparing regions and made their systematization. The algorithm of benchmarking procedure is developed and its testing is carried out in the regions of Russia. The practical significance of the algorithm developed by the authors of the benchmarking procedure is that it can be used by government authorities to justify the priorities of regional development. And further automation of the proposed model will allow the software product to be applied to any government authority, regardless of the initial parameters of its development.
Keywords: Process Automation, Regional Development, Smart Benchmarking, Distance Matrix
- K.S. Braunwarth, М. Kaiser, A. L. Müller (2010), "Economic Evaluation and Optimization of the Degree of Automation in Insurance Processes", Business & Information Systems Engineering, vol 2, 1st ed, pp. 29-39.
- P. V. Stankevich, M. V. Kopnov, A. V. Kudinov, A. I. Finko (2014), "Regional Information System Development Based on Web-technologies", Available at: http://portal.tpu.ru/SHARED/k/KUDINOVAV/Tab2/Tab/ifost%20paper.PDF
- N. Groenendijk (2010), “EU and OECD Benchmarking and Peer Review Compared”, The EU and Federalism: Polities and Policies Compared, Ashgate, pp. 181–202.
- L. Iurcovich, N. Komninos, A. Reid, P. Heydebreck and Y. Pierrakis (2006), “Mutual Learning Platform: Regional Benchmarking Report - Blueprint for Regional Innovation Benchmarking”, European Commission, Brussels 2006.
- R. Huggins (2010). “Regional Competitive Intelligence: Benchmarking and Policy-making”, Regional Studies, vol 44, No 5, pp. 639-658
- С. Koellreuter (2002), “Regional Benchmarking as a tool to improve regional foresight”, European Commission-Research DG -Directorate K, April 2002, pp. 14.
- J. Navarro, J.P. Smart (2017), “Specialisation benchmarking and assessment: pilot study on wind energy”, Available at: http://publications.jrc.ec.europa.eu/repository/bitstream/JRC106035/2017_03_09_wind_pilot_regions_final.pdf (accessed 01 November 2017).
- M. Navarro, J.J. Gibaja, S. Franco, A. Murciego (2012), “Territorial benchmarking methodology: The need to identify reference regions”, Innovation, global change and territorial resilience, pp. 99-133.
- M. Navarro (2014), “Regional benchmarking in the smart specialisation process: Identification of reference regions based on structural similarity”, S3 Working Paper Series, no 03, pp. 9-10.
- C. Nauwelaers, R. Veugelers, B. Van Looy (2003), “Benchmarking National R&D policies in Europe: Lessons from Belgium”, Available at: http://www.stis.belspo.be/docs/papers/pdf/Nauwelaers.pdf (accessed: 01 November 2017).
- M. Tomlinson, B.A. Lundvall (2001), “Policy learning through benchmarking national systems of competence building and innovation – learning by comparing”, Available at: http://www.academia.edu/24150494/Policy_learning_through_benchmarking_national_systems_of_competence_building_and_innovation-learning_by_comparing (accessed: 01 November 2017).
- Smart Specialisation Platform (2016), Available at: http://s3platform.jrc.ec.europa.eu/s3-platform (accessed: 01 November 2017).